Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving is Almost Here!

Are you ready? :)
I am not a huge fan of cooking. So Thanksgiving is more of a chore to me than a holiday if I have to cook :)
But I like the idea behind Thanksgiving of giving thanks and being grateful for all the blessings and good in our lives.

Last week, Dawn shared some fun Thanksgiving Printables with you *Here*.
Today I am going to share an older layout with you.
The only Thanksgiving layout I could find!
This is so old, Evan was in preschool and he is now in sixth grade. (LOL)
His preschool has this wonderful tradition of letting the children assemble their own Thanksgiving basket of flowers to put on the table for dinner. When Evan came home, I snapped a few photos of him with his basket. I am so glad I did! A few minutes later, he noticed that one of his flowers were bent at the stem. My three year old became frustrated while trying to fix it and proceeded to tear the whole thing apart! I was so sad that we wouldn't be able to put it on our table. But at least I have the photos, and the layout. I thought about telling the story of his frustration on the actual layout, but then decided against it. I just wanted to showcase the beauty of the flowers he had worked so hard on. And he was so proud of that work!

I think when we scrapbook the holidays, there are so many different stories we can tell. And that is what I love about scrapbooking. The stories! We have such a wonderful hobby that will allow us to capture moments in time so we don't forget. :)

Would love to see your Thanksgiving layouts? Feel free to share links in the comments or photos on our Facebook page if you would like.

And for those that celebrate here in the USA, Happy Thanksgiving!
For all of our other readers, we are so grateful to have you here! :)

4 comments:

  1. Cute layout and such a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet and adorable picture!
    Beautiful LO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet layout! I love the idea of letting the kids make their own centerpieces!

    ReplyDelete