Wednesday, November 20, 2013

It's Done!!!

So I originally started talked about using this sketch...

 on *This Post* almost a month ago. It took awhile, but happy to say my layout is done!

And there are a few pops of gold on there :) All of the rub-ons are gold. A few stars, the row of hearts and chevrons by Studio Calico and Pink Paislee. This is a phone photo of my son and I from this past summer. We set up a plan where we exercised together at least one day a week. I have to say it was a great way to fit exercise in :)
I will say that I think I am done with using the white Mister Huey mist from Studio Calico. All I wanted were a few droplets and the stuff would not dry! It stayed chalky and smeared. I was able to wipe a lot of it off, but it still looks a little streaky in places on this photo, but not quite that bad in real life.

Right now I am working on lots of cards. Birthday and Christmas cards. It is unbelievable how many birthdays fall in October, November and December around here! As for Christmas, we usually do photo Christmas cards, but I like to make cards for the kids teachers and support staff at school.

Also, last week on *This Post*, shared the "Grateful For You" challenge over on the Paper Issues blog. One of my blog friends, Elise linked up over there with an adorable "Thankful" album she has been sharing on her blog. So glad that one of my fellow DT members featured it on the Paper Issues blog.
I just wanted to share a few of her pages here as well.
Love how she shared that beautiful photo of herself!
You can see more pages from her album *Here* and *Here*!
I think it is so great that you are sticking with it, Elise, and documenting life. :)
Very inspirational!

I also saw that my blog friend Mary Pat linked up with a really cool printer's tray project...
documenting being thankful for her two adorable sons! This is so pretty, Mary Pat!

And I am always inspired by Ashley's work. She linked up with this sweet page...
of her family which I know she is extremely grateful for.
So happy to see so many friends linking up! :)

The issue runs through this Sunday, so there is still time to link up projects for a chance to win a $20 gift card to the Paper Issues store.

Have a great weekend, and I will be back next week!

9 comments:

  1. These are all gorgeous projects!! I am loving your lo!! I love love love the pattern paper you used on the sides and the splatters!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is beautiful, such a great kit of goodies to work with! Thanks for including me amongst so many fab projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome projects ~ all of them!! Thanks for sharing, Mary Jo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great projects! Thanks Mary Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how your layout turned out, Mary Jo (and you were able to work through it)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the Sketch! The patterned paper works so well on the sides giving your layout interest and drawing attention to the photo as well. I love your additon of the gold rub-ons...the stars are so fun!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lover your layout!!! It looks like the top of a desk, perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your page and Ashley's interpretation as well. Very inspiring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun LO, MJ!!
    Love how you added the stars to your LO and the gold!
    Love your LO!!!

    ReplyDelete